Thursday, January 2, 2020

Matted Dog Hair | How to Demat Your Dog the Easy and Painless Way

Matted hair on your dog can be very tricky to handle on your own. A trip to a professional groomer is what most people do these days. This video shows a really easy way to deal with You dogs Matted Hair by yourself, saving a costly trip to the groomers every month or so.

The video transcript is added below for some people who prefer to read rather than watch the video.

Please remember to give the video creator credit by liking and sharing the video if you found it of value.

Matted Dog Hair | How to Demat Your Dog the Easy and Painless Way

Transcript.
got three pretty distinct maths here but

what you need to do always with a mat is
look at the base see how tight it is to
the skin this one’s about that far out
from the skin which is great that’s not
a tight math this is about ten days to
two weeks and she’s been out playing and
scratching and it’s rained and and so
that you got that little mat and you can
see the line of the mat right along here
and then you’ve got loose hair here what
you want to do is break up these mats
and then brush them brush them out a
little bit at a time and I’m going to
take the lower one first I’m going to
pull these two back so I’ve got good
view of this particular mat there’s kind
of a core here the core here what I’m
going to do is start on the outside and
I’m going to I’m going to brush it out
from different directions to get the mat
to break up and I’m brushing very
lightly my hand is between the dog and
the brush I’m not pulling the hair I’m
just kind of hitting it with the tip of
the brush and then pulling it down want
these others out of the way
and see that rats starting to break up
see that line is getting smaller and
smaller without me having to rip out
coat but just pulling from the side and
working the mat from different
directions
I’ll see half of that mat is gone okay
we’ve got this what’s left of the mat is
here so I keep working it
just a little bit at a time right
against my hand if it’s tighter to the
skin then it’s more work and you have to
be sure not to to scratch the dot
another brush I can use to do that is a
small stat slicker I’ll take this cat
slicker I’ll do the same thing just take
a corner of it and this is a soft very
soft tip on this and very gently I’ll do
the same thing and I’ll just work it
very gently out I’m never pulling hair
out
I’m just gently working that mat to
where I break up the mat you can take
your fingers and break up the mat a
little bit silky puppies at this age
Matt a lot because they’re starting to
change code a little bit
whichever these brushes is the easiest
for you that’s what I would use you can
also use a pin brush to do the same
thing this is pretty good to size pin
brush but again you work to the side and
then from all different angles until you
get that mat to break apart and it’s
very gentle doesn’t hurt the dog but you
get the job done
and when it looks like that Matt’s
pretty much gone little farfel right
there very gently I’m pulling the brush
to the skin and then out but I’m not
poking the dog with it and I’m not
pulling on the hair that hard and be
very gentle I’m just putting the brush
to the skin and pulling out gently and
then working that again from overand
directions
okay that’s brushing through there
pretty easily so I have the mat out yep
except for a little tiny piece which is
right there
and you need to be very gentle when you
brush a comb through that so if you hit
one of those mats you’re not going to
hurt the dog so there’s two little
pieces right there stay honey good girl
I’m going to take the slicker brush and
see if I can get those out of there and
I’m not raking her skin I’m very being
very gentle with this my fingers back
behind there run the brush through it
one more time and I’ll run the comb
through it okay that part of the mat is
gone.

From https://petspersonalizedpro.com/blogs/news/matted-dog-hair-how-to-demat-your-dog-the-easy-and-painless-way



from
https://petspersonalizedpro.wordpress.com/2020/01/02/matted-dog-hair-how-to-demat-your-dog-the-easy-and-painless-way/

No comments:

Post a Comment